Call for PapersThe program committee of the International Conference on Automated Planning & Scheduling (ICAPS'08) invites paper submissions on topics related to automated planning and scheduling. The purpose of the conference is to promote automated planning and scheduling technologies and their application to significant problems. The focus of the conference program is in
- analytic and empirical studies of planning and scheduling problems as well as algorithms for solving them,
- studies of applying automated planning and scheduling to important real world problems, and
- all other topics of interest to planning, scheduling and closely related problems.
TimetableTimetable for paper submissions and reviewing is as follows.
|Electronic abstracts:||Tuesday April 29, 2008|
|Electronic PDF papers:||Saturday May 3, 2008|
|Notification of acceptance:||Saturday June 14, 2008|
|Final papers due:||Friday June 27, 2008|
Paper submission deadline is at 11:59pm UTC -10 (Honolulu) This deadline is strict and no extensions will be granted.
Author/reviewer checklistAuthors should make sure that their submissions satisfy the usual basic requirements for publications (as applicable) to ease the reviewing process and to improve the quality of the submissions.
- Is the motivation for the research explained well?
- Is the novelty (w.r.t. related/competing research) and the value of the results explained clearly?
- Are the algorithms/theorems/proofs correct?
- Is the presentation clear (informative and readable)?
- Is the original research on the topic cited? Is related/competing research cited? (Use Google Scholar!)
- Do the experiments demonstrate a valuable non-obvious point? Is it unambiguously explained what was done (reproducibility)?
- Papers submitted to ICAPS'08 may not be submitted to other conferences or journals during ICAPS'08 review period nor may they be already under review or published in other conferences or journals.
Procedure for submitting papers to ICAPS'08
- Register yourself and your paper (list of authors, title, abstract, keywords) at the ICAPS'08 EasyChair web site. The paper registration deadline is Tuesday April 29, 2008 at 5am UTC -10.
- Submissions are 8 pages in the AAAI format. See the author instructions at the AAAI web site for detailed formatting instructions. The final papers will be in the same format.
- The authors should remain anonymous to the reviewers. Remove the author names and anonymize references to the authors e.g. by replacing "in  we did..." by "in  Jones et al. did...".
- Prepare your paper, translate it into PDF and submit it at the ICAPS'08 EasyChair web site. The paper submission deadline is Saturday May 3, 2008 at 23:59 UTC -10 (Honolulu).
- For questions about the submission process contact the conference chairs.